The project was born in 2020, during the days of isolation of the first Covid-19 lock-down when we realized how the sound landscape around us had suddenly changed, overnight. This extraordinary event made us reflect and we thought it would be interesting to have a collectively reflect on the soundscape in which we are immersed and to which we do not pay much attention. We therefore invited the members of the promoting associations and other associations close to us to listen to the sounds that surround us and to record them, even if only with the recorder present on each mobile phone. Operation to be done at any time of day or night, to which to add little information and possibly a comment on the emotions and sensations experienced. Furthermore, whoever wants to can return to the same place at the same time in a month, in six months, in a year and make a new recording to testify the change that has taken place.
Participating in the project by recording the soundscape as well as being fun and interesting, makes us aware of the places we live in, and makes us reflect on important issues such as our being on Earth, both today, in times of pandemic, and in “normal” times.
You can download the form with the instructions to participate in the project and see some examples at the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/paesaggisonoribase/.
- Country: Italy
- Responsible: Club for UNESCO (Asti, Italy), Club for UNESCO (Canelli, Italy), Center for l’UNESCO(Turin, Italy)
- Location: Piedmont, Italy
- Start date: 1 January 2021
- End date: ongoing
- Contact person: Enrico Ercole (firstname.lastname@example.org), P. Sergio Bobbio (email@example.com), and Maria Paola Azzario (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- URL: https://www.facebook.com/paesaggisonoribase/