International Year of Sound
International Year of Sound 2020-2021
Waiting for Matera is a cycle of free educational seminars, in webinar mode. The program includes 12 events that will be held on some fridays of each month during the lunch break, from 1.30 pm to 2.30 pm. It will start on 2 October 2020 and will end on 23 April 2021.
We will start by talking about soundscapes during the lockdown and global comfort at the time of COVID, then moving on to acoustics in school environments and the design of teaching spaces, through the introduction of new technical tools such as machine-learning and regulatory tools such as UNI 11532-2: 2020. We will then talk about noise in densely occupied places, in restaurants and wind farms, sensor and monitoring networks, virtual reality simulations and applications, wooden buildings, acoustic metamaterials, vibroacoustic methods for elastic / viscoelastic characterization. of materials and structures, of performance-based design; issues related to the most recent developments in applied acoustics.
The speakers will be young researchers and professionals, experts in acoustics and other disciplines related to the study of sound.
Each webinar, lasting one hour, will be structured according to an interactive format between speakers and participants.
The first 6 webinars scheduled are:
– 2.10.20, 1.30-2.30 pm “Measurements of noise and perception of the sound landscape at the time of Covid-19”
– 16.10.20, 1.30-2.30 pm “Global comfort in the time of COVID: rethinking learning spaces”
– 13.11.20, 1.30-2.30 pm “Be quiet! The effort of learning in a noisy classroom ”
– 20.11.20, 1.30-2.30 pm “Anthropogenic noise: what it is, how to measure it and how to mitigate it”
– 27.11.20, 1.30-2.30 pm “Invitation to dinner: you need an ear!”
– 11.12.20, 1.30-2.30 pm “The new UNI 11532-2: 2020 on school spaces”
Soon on the AIA website it will be possible to consult the program and register for the first webinar on 2 October “Measurements of noise and perception of the sound landscape at the time of Covid-19”.
Scientific committee / organizer on behalf of AIA: Arianna Astolfi, Francesco Asdrubali, Sergio Luzzi, Francesco Martellotta
Organisation Responsible: AIA
Contact: Simona Senesi, at email@example.com
© 2017-2023 International Commission for Acoustics