The Year of Sound will be celebrated with events originating at the regional, the national, and the international levels. Here we list all events that have an acoustical outreach component in line with the goals of the Year of Sound.
1 January - 7 September 2019France
La Semaine du Son 2019
La Semaine du Son (Week of Sound) in 2019 has many events and activities planned, mainly in France but also in Belgium and Lebanon. A complete guide can be found by downloading the Programme.
The events include:
- 21 January 2019 – 3 February 2019: 16th Edition of La Semaine du Son. Many events and activities are planned throughout this period. Events will be held in locations throughout various regions of France, including Auvergne Rhône-Alpes, Centre, Corse, Grand-Est, Hauts-de-France, Ile-de-France, Normandie, Nouvelle Aquitaine, Occitanie, Pays de la Loire, and Provence-Alpes-Côe-d’Azur.
- 22 January 2019 – 10 February 2019: 9th Edition of La Semaine du Son in Belgium. A series of events related to sound in various Brussels places such as Flagey, Muntpunt, the Botany, the Museum of Musical Instruments, the Town Hall … but also in unusual places, private houses, cultural centers, a hospital, in the city … and, novelty of this edition, in various cities in Flanders and in Wallonia, particularly in Namur.
- 14 – 25 February 2019: Festival de Cannes 2019. Organized as part of the “Un Certain Regard” official selection of the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, the Best Sound Design Award will once again reward a director for the sonic finesse of his film. It will be awarded to the winner on Saturday 25 May 25 2019 in the presence of Thierry Frémaux, general delegate of the Cannes Film Festival.
- 1 April 2019 – 30 November 2019: An international image competition “When Sound Creates Image! On a sound creation composed by Jorge Arriagada.
- 8 May 2019 – 15 May 2019: 1st Edition of La Semaine du Son in Lebanon.
- 6 September 2019 – 7 September 2019: 10th Colloquium of the Francophone Association of Multidisciplinary Teams in Acouphènologie (AFREPA), at the Palais des Congress. Relieving our patients with tinnitus is only possible through an ever closer interface between many health disciplines. ENT, researchers, audioprothésistes, reeducators, psychiatrists, psychotherapists, sophrologists … each discipline will be represented at this 10th big meeting of the AFRÉPA.
Location: varous cities, France, Belgium, Lebanon
Contact: Information, at firstname.lastname@example.org