The Year of Sound will be celebrated with events originating at the regional, the national, and the international levels. Here we list all events that have an acoustical outreach component in line with the goals of the Year of Sound.
17 April 2011 - 22 March 2019International
Brief history of the IYS
Here are some of the key events leading up to the declaration of 2020 as the International Year of Sound:
- Year 2011
- The ICA Board agrees on the concept of an International Year of Sound before the end of the decade.
- Year 2012
- initial planning and preference for 2019.
- Year 2013
- planning committee for discussions with UNESCO.
- Year 2014
- discussions with UNESCO via Physical Sciences sector.
- Year 2015
- Discussions with UNESCO and ambassadors.
- Year 2016
- Seed funding received from the founding supporters.
- Year 2017
- plan changes from 2019 to 2020.
- UNESCO progressing International Year of Periodic Table 2019
- Resolution on Importance of Sound approved by UNESCO Executive Board via the communication sector
- Established links with La Semaine du Son
- Year 2018
- Discussions with UNESCO and La Semaine du Son on coordination
- Year 2019
- Memorandum of Understanding with La Semaine du Son for collaboration to create an International Year of Sound in 2020.
- Establishment of structure with central events plus mobilisation of international affiliates and member societies to organise outreach events
- Formal promotion among members, confirmation of opening in Paris in Jan 2020
Contact: IYS Organizers, at email@example.com